Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi Dictionary

Monday, November 19, 2012

Infiltrating an Ally - Warramunga

LT and I took a stroll down by the water several weekends ago and happened upon an Australian battleship docked at Station Pier.  The HMAS Warramunga, officially an Anzac class frigate.  I don't know what that means.

In passing, we were surprised to find the ship open to the public for walkthroughs ... and even more surprised when they let us take pictures.  This could have been the opening I needed to start a new career as a spook.  Yes I'm aware Australia is an ally, but you never know when the temperature Australia stores their onboard Beryllium at might be of the utmost importance to US government.  Turns out Wikipedia has a shocking amount of information on the specifications of the ship and the technology it's equipped with.  It was a fruitless endeavor, I'm virtually incapable of lying without cracking.  I'd fold like a cheap tent under enemy interrogation.

The HMAS Warramunga.  HMAS stands for Her Majesty's
 Australian Ship.  It's always about the queen.
Somebody had a bingle.
The entire ship is painted to blend in with the ocean, then you
put a red kangaroo with a neon light on it's highest feature.


"Top secret" Beryllium storage ... I've kept the temperature to myself.
Kudos to the captain, seems to have made a smooth approach to the pier.
The Captain's chair with cup holder.
They must have suspected an impostor, you would have heard
about them on the news if they took the course I plotted.
You call that a gun?
LT nearly took a bath taking this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment